Good uses for old iBook?

Jim Soriano jsoriano at mac.com
Fri May 14 13:41:40 PDT 2004

So, I've replaced my daughter's original iBook/Blueberry/G3-300 with a
new iBook/14"/G4-1.2G.

Anybody got creative ideas on what to do with the old system?  It's got
the original 3.2GB drive and 288MB RAM.

My initial idea was to keep it running OS 9 and use it as a networked
Postscript RIP for our Epson Stylus 3000, but it will sit idle a lot of
the time doing only that.

Another idea would be to put it downstairs next to the big ol' A/V
system, slap OS X on it and use iTunes to access my music server over
Wi-Fi, then pump the audio output through a external USB audio
processor like Griffin's iMic into my amplifier.  Do you all think the
iBook has enough horsepower for that?

Other ideas appreciated.

Regards,

Jim