[P1] Networking a printer

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 25 14:26:34 PDT 2004

I read the article Andrew recommended, which said to do the same thing
Charles suggested, so I turned on Printer Sharing in both machines, but when
I try to print from the remote machine, it keeps sending me a message that
the connection isn't working and that I should turn on the printer, and then
it flashes the message "Jobs Stopped" in Print Center. But the printer is on
and the machine connected to the printer is able to print to it just fine.

Both machines are running 10.2.8.

Any suggestions? (By the way, the reason the printer is showing up on the
remote machine at all may be because it used to be connected to that box, so
it probably still has the drivers, and maybe it really isn't seeing it?)

Brian