[P1] Networking a printer

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Tue May 25 14:43:11 PDT 2004

> Any suggestions? (By the way, the reason the printer is showing up on
> the
> remote machine at all may be because it used to be connected to that
> box, so
> it probably still has the drivers, and maybe it really isn't seeing
> it?)

I think you only need to turn Printer Sharing on on the computer that's
connected to the printer you want to share -- not both of them. When I
was setting mine up, I recall that I physically plugged the printer
into the remote computer and set everything up first (to make sure it
was working) before trying to use it as a shared printer.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net
http://www.redjacketpress.com