[iBook] re: iBook can't run "Classic" programs

Michaelj mjm1n at cox.net
Tue Nov 9 17:37:03 PST 2004

Hi, I'm running a G3 600 iBook and can't run programs that require "Classic".  iBook is set up with OS 9.2.2 and OS 10.3.6, and each 1 runs flawlessly when you boot to them.  With the exception of Classic in OS X.  I have applied the update for OS X and even tried starting classic from the system preferences control panel.  Even trying to start classic with all extensions off, I still get: "Classic is unable to update it's files in system folder." This happens as soon as I try to start a program in Classic or System preferences.  Has anyone had this problem and successfully fixed it?  Help please!