[iBook] iPod Questions (OT)

larry Zasitko l.zasitko at sasktel.net
Wed Nov 17 10:46:27 PST 2004

I have a 40 gig 3rd gen iPod. I can't help with using it on an old
clamshell at the moment and it would not have enough disk space for my
20gig plus of mp3's so I use my new powerbook and it works good. When I
get back home I will try it on my clamshell and see what it can do.

I tried the iTrip and disliked it like others because there is no way
to set it to one frequency and have it stay there. In the end I took it
back and got a roadTrip and it works much better. Two buttons will let
you set the frequency and it will not change unless you change it. I
also found in my van that the iTrip picked up engine noise in the
background, the roadTrip does not and has the built in charger so I
don't have to worry about battery life as much. I can on the built in
get 4-5 hrs or so but not much more. The roadTrip plugs into the
cigarette lighter and charges it and provides a nice way to mount the
ipod with interchangable adapters, in all it is great.

Yes Apline makes a nice deck and have a link for the iPod and for me
may be the way to go in the future.
Larry Zasitko
iMac 350mhz, Bondi Blue, 320meg ram, Jaguar
Graphite Clamshell SE, G3 366mhz, 576 meg ram
12" G4 1.33ghz PowerBook, 768 meg ram, Superdrive, Airport Extreme
Newton OMP, 110, 120, 2100 + eMate
40 gig 3rd Generation iPod