[iBook] dot-mac finally being upgraded ?

Joe Roberts joereform at mac.com
Sat Oct 2 16:33:15 PDT 2004

On Sep 29, 2004, at 4:16 PM, Jim Shimozawa wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2004, at 6:51 PM, Alexandre Leroux wrote:
>
>> Am I the only getting the strange message saying my iDisk will not be
>> mirrored because my iDisk size is smaller on my computer than on .mac?
>>
> You're not the only one. I started getting this message yesterday.
> I don't know how to get rid of it. I'm tempted to trash the iDisk on my
> desktop and then manually create another copy. Nah. It ain't
> completely broken,
> so I think I'll just live with it for now.
> Jim

Yeah, that's what you have to do.  When you created a mirror of your
iDisk on your desktop, it only allocated 100 MB of space to said
mirror.  I just went to System Preferences, clicked on the .Mac icon,
and then unchecked and re-checked "Create a local copy of your iDisk."
Sure, it took a little while to re-sync with the .Mac server, but it
all worked in the background and no more annoying message.