[iBook] encrypted backup onto external hd

Luypaert, Johan (Johan) jluypaert at lucent.com
Thu Oct 7 04:33:27 PDT 2004

Justin, Joe, Benjamin,

Thanks for the replies. I spent some time playing around with silverkeeper, the apple disk utility and data backup (prosoft) and decided I'm going to build something myself.

The only thing I want encrypted are my personal documents. So I'm going to back these up onto cd with roxio toast (encrypted). Then I will just make a copy of all the other stuff in my home directory onto a partition on the external hard drive. For the moment I'll just drag and drop ... but the goal is to write a script to do this for me and have some kind of check if a document is changed or not before copying. This is like a motivation to start playing around with AppleScript :)

Thanks for your replies,

Johan.