[iBook] replacement harddrive suggestions

Reid Conti rconti at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 01:21:58 PDT 2004

I replaced my ibook 600's failing 20gb IBM drive with a Hitachi (so,
same company :) travelstar 60gb 5400rpm drive with 8mb cache.  I
figured most important was having a big cache, next was spindle speed.

It definitely gets warmer.. I'm sure it sucks more juice, but I can
still get over 4 hours of use on my new battery, so no worries...

- reid