[iBook] just moved

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Fri Apr 1 14:58:29 PST 2005

> My questions are The slot cdrw/dvd on the G4 is noisy is that normal?
> and what is the "real use" battery life like on the G4 ibook.?

I haven't really used the CD drive all that much (having only had this
new iBook about a week), but I'm trying out a DVD as I write this -- it
seems completely quiet to me, much like eveything on this iBook. (I
almost never hear disc access or the fan, either.)

I know CD burning tends to get a bit noisy on the G4 iMac in the
office, so perhaps that's a bit loud on the iBook, as well.

Battery life has been about 4.5-5 hours for me. (This is the current
model 14" G4 iBook.)

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net
<http://www.redjacketpress.com>