[iBook] Beloved Key Lime iBook For Sale

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Thu Apr 21 12:27:58 PDT 2005

I'm getting ready to put this up on eBay, but I thought I'd offer it to
list members first:

People who have been with the list over the past several years may
remember that I've always said I'd never part with my beloved Key Lime
iBook -- but, alas, that time has come. (I still prefer the design of
the clamshell iBooks, but the new model iBook I'm using makes some
strong arguments.)

The good news is that it's being repaired, and having a number of the
key components that show the most wear after five years' use replaced,
so it's probably the closest thing to a "new" Key Lime iBook you're
likely to find.

Key Lime iBook G3/466 CD/DVD
USB, Firewire, A/V Ports
768 MB RAM
Original AirPort Card
Mac OS 10.3.X (will include original discs)
Includes, packaging, discs, manuals, and all the cables I can find.
(A/V cable is definitely included -- I'm not sure if I still have the
phone cord.) The "yoyo" AC Adapter is relatively new, and was purchased
about a year and a half ago as a replacement for the original.

Features:
Newly Refurbished Replacement LCD screen (with MacResQ 90-day warranty)
Newly Refurbished Power Connector Board (with MacResQ 90-day warranty)
Newly Refurbished Keyboard (with MacResQ 90-day warranty)

New 100GB Hard Drive (with manufacturer warranty)

Relatively new (less than six months old) Newer Technology Extra
Capacity Battery (see
<http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer%20Technology/BAPIB148V44/> for
details). It's been giving me about 4.5 hours under 10.3, with AirPort
on.

Also includes:
VST Clamshell iBook Battery Charger (I've used this to resuscitate
older clamshell batteries; I bought it to get the replacement AC
Adapter.)
Original AirPort Graphite Base station (with original packaging, discs,
manuals, and cables). This is a refurbished model, provided by Apple to
replace a unit that failed due to an acknowledged problem.

Overall, it's always been treated with care, so it's in very good
condition, nice and clean. (Photos can be provided.) I'm asking $800
for the lot -- which I think is a bargain, given all the newly replaced
components and new hard drive). Please reply off-list if interested.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net
<http://www.redjacketpress.com>
"Yesterday's Books for Today's Reader"