[iBook] iBook1.2GHz & the beach ball

Roger Harris roger at rogerdharris.com
Thu Aug 18 17:10:37 PDT 2005

Actually Tiger is worse at the problem you describe. This even
happens on a dual 1.2GHz g4 to a lesser degree. Try Thunderbird as a
mail client. This is not a RAM issue, I think it has more to do with
graphics load and the way smoke and mirrors have been employed to
make the OS "seem" to be faster or more responsive at some task? I
try to disable a lot of eye candy; And though I use Apple Mail it is
a slug compared to Thunderbird. I never leave Mail running longer
than I need it. Is mail set to do updates every few minutes?

roger