[iBook] 512mb iBook

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Tue Aug 23 17:10:29 PDT 2005

Jeff Siler wrote:

> I just purchases a 12" iBook G4 1.33.  The newest versions come stock
> with 512mb ddr 2700 memory.
>
> Will this be enough for most tasks?  I have a high end gaming PC I use
> for games, and I got the iBook to surf the web, chat, sync my ipod,
> and do very best web development.
>
> Would it really be worth it to upgrade to 1gb of memory, or will 512mb
> suite me alright for the near future.

512MB should be sufficient for that type of work. Things might run a
little faster with more RAM.

I have a G3/900 MHz iBook with 640MB, and I've only bogged it down a
couple of times (had what The Register calls "world + dog" open).

So see how it runs; if you're happy with the speed as-is, don't worry
about upgrading right away. As you gravitate more and more to using
the iBook constantly (which you *will* do, especially if you have an
Airport card), you may want to re-think that.

--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."