[iBook] Must have apps on PB?

Alexandre Leroux alexandreleroux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 07:03:48 PDT 2005

> I use Fire for IM/chat. http://fire.sf.net/

I used to use Fire. bot anymore. You can connect to to *any* IM with
iChat. ICQ, MSN, Y!, and of course, AIM and Jabber. See how:
http://allforces.com/2005/05/06/ichat-to-msn-through-jabber

To participate in the can't-live-without app:

- Colloquy for IRC (has been mentioned) (open source?)
- Cyberduck for FTP (open source)
- Firefox (along with Safari)
- PithHelmet as adblocker for Safari
- Fugu for ssh an scp (has been mentioned)
- Sente GPG for PGP directly in Mail
- Gimp for graphics (the latest mac build is quite fast on my old iBook :-)
- Goban for Go... ;-)
- MacCVSClient (open source) for CVS
- OpenOffice and NeoOfficeJ (not as full features as MSOffice, but open source)
- Nvu for html (ok, Nvu is not exactly mature yet)
- Keynote for presentations. There is *no* comparison to powerpoint.
Keynote rocks :-)
- Screen Spanning Doctor for two separate screens on iBook
- SiteSucker to grasp html files from websites
- TextWrangler because textedit is just powerful enough
- tranquility, one of the best there is (free)
- VLC fir divx, xvid and anything video

That's most of it I guess.

Have fun :-)
Alex