[iBook] Re: ibook or powerbook

Glenn R. Fong fongg at t-bird.edu
Fri Feb 4 01:21:47 PST 2005

on 3 Feb 2005 Lucas Jacinto wrote:

> why do we prefer the ibook over the powerbook? i was just wondering
> what you people have to say about this thought.

Not that iBook listers wouldn't be totally objective, but you might want to
also illicit the objective views of PowerBook owners on that "other"
discussion list.  Let me know if you need their contact info and I can
e-mail you off list.

I have been a happy owner of both iBooks and PowerBooks, but my current
machine is the latter.  To compare the 12" base models, for 50% or $500
more, the PB gets you:

+0.3 GHz processor
+256 MB RAM
+30 GB hard drive
+32 MB video memory
Bluetooth 2.0
DVI out with dual display capability and 20-23" Cinema Display compatibility
SuperDrive (DVD-R, +R, -RW, +RW) upgradeable
minus AppleWorks
shorter Airport range
hotter to the touch

and "objectively" :)