[iBook] Newbie: age old question concerning battery

Germain affaires at vif.com
Sun Feb 13 09:23:45 PST 2005

Hello to the list,

A few ago I bought my very first iBook, a mint condition graphite clamshell.
366 G3, 192 RAM, 6 gig HD. So I'm green to iBooks. The guy who owned it told
me the battery (Apple Lithium ion) was brand new. I believe him. It holds
its charge fort two straight hours. My question is: most of the time I plug
the iBook via the yo-yo and I can see this is gonna be the way I'll use the
iBook 95% of the time. So should I take off the battery in order not to
stress it by continuous charging? Is it true that I should use the
iBookbattery powered once a month? I browsed he Apple tech support but
could'nt find the exact answer to my question.

Thanks a million times to help the newbie that I am.

Germain