[iBook] Ibook 500 mhz (snow dual USB) Battery problems

Guillermo Yug yugr1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 10:17:38 PST 2005

Hi wish someone can help:

I am having problems with the power in my iBook.  When
connected the icon keeps flashing between connected
and not connected (the plug and the battery icons, but
the lighting icon is not showing), but the battery is
not taking any charge and I can get it to operate with
the power cord connected.

I am using the new power adaptor and the latest
software available (not the yoyo)and the light at the
connector tip keeps being red all the time.  Before,
when charging it was green and latter changed into
red.

I have two batteries and it behaves equally with both

I took it to my Apple dealer once before the problem
was first presented and with them it began charging
and behaving OK.  Then I reset the power unit as
recommended by Apple (with the power supply and
battery disconnected, I pushed the reset buttom )and
it worked for about a month without problems until it
died again.  The reset opperation nowdays does nothing
to correct the problem, I wonder if before it was not
a mere chance it worked?

I would be grateful if you could guide into the
possible causes or corrections for this problem.  My
local Apple dealer is hopeless since they do not have
a full service technical department. I will need to
send it elsewhere, but would like to be informed about
the likelihood and cost of correcting this problem.

Many thanks

GRI