[iBook] Second Hand Mac woes

Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail izabella.misiewiczsantos at neostrada.pl
Fri Jan 14 14:48:19 PST 2005

Hello everyone,

I am new to the list as I have just purchased a white second hand iBook
G3 running at 500MHz. Unfortunately, the CD ROM drive doesn't appear to
read any CDs I put in there and then there are a few other minor
problems I am hoping some of you ay help me with.

Firstly, I would like to get an internal slot-loading combo drive to
replace the failed drive. Can any one here provide me with more details
on this? Perhaps someone here can suggest a model or brand. Secondly, I
would like to install more RAM. Could someone provide me details on the
RAM I need for this iBook? Finally, I had the mac startup from OSX,
which was already installed on the iBook, and found myself presented
with a login screen. I don't know the password and would like to simply
restart the computer with OS9.

I would appreciate any help from anyone about any of these issues.

Thanks so much
Alex