[iBook] iBook 500 slow

david davidwb at spymac.com
Tue Jan 18 12:08:30 PST 2005

On 1/18/05 10:35 AM, "David Harris" <dmichaelharris at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Which disk is the restore disk?  I have three install disks with my iBook 700.
> There are three dots on one, two dots on the other and one dot on another.

All three are the restore disk - takes more than one to do the job. The one
with one dot is disk 1, two dots is disk 2, three dots is disk 3. Put disk 1
in, restart the computer while holding the 'c' key to force the computer to
restart with the CD drive.

This assumes, of course, that the disks are labeled iBook. If they are
labeled PowerBook or iMac or PowerMac they will not work. Restore disks are
for a specific computer.

David