[iBook] iBook 500 slow

Kathi Anderson kathialexis at cox.net
Wed Jan 19 21:46:55 PST 2005

I recently got an iBook 500 with dual USB. It came with no disks and only
128mg of Ram. It has OS 10.3.4 on it. And it is really slow. So I ordered
new Ram. I just got it from Crucial. 512mg. The HD is 20gig, so this should
be OK.
Also ordered a new Panther OS from Apple and Techtool Pro 4. Hopefully this
will take care of my diagnosing any problems with the iBook.
I haven't installed the Ram yet. I will let everyone know how much
difference it makes. I am anxious to salvage the apps on the iBook. It has
MS Office and Illustrator and Photoshop and Quark. I would like to use these
apps, and without the disks, I am hoping that between the Panther disk and
Techtools, I can keep them running.
Any suggestions as to how I can make it any better?

Kathi