[iBook] Entourage crashing

Stan Marks swmarks at allvantage.com
Thu Jul 7 10:15:52 PDT 2005

Hello,

I have been using MS Entourage on my iBook 700 for over two years with no
problem; however, a couple of days ago, Entourage began to crash whenever it
tries to retrieve mail from Allvantage. It does *not* crash when receiving
mail from my other POP account (Comcast.net), and it does appear to be able
to send mail through Allvantage and Comcast without any problem (...as
evidenced by this message)!

When it became evident that Entourage was crash-quitting every time it tried
to retrieve mail from Allvantage, I tried another Apple's Mail program and
have been using it with no problem! (Sends and receives mail from both
accounts.) I suppose I could just switch everything over to Mail and ditch
Entourage, but Mail lacks several features that I like and have come to
depend upon in Entourage (text editing features, ability to "hide" messages
that have been read, etc).

Oh...and no, I haven't changed any of the account settings in Entourage, and
yes, I have checked those settings, and they do appear to be correct. I have
also tried reinstalling Entourage, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Can anyone shed any light on this predicament and/or offer any solution? Is
there another email client that compares favorably with Entourage?

--
Stan Marks
swmarks at allvantage.com
stanleymarks at comcast.net