[iBook] Entourage crashing

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 7 10:27:45 PDT 2005

On 7/7/05 12:15 PM, "Stan Marks" <swmarks at allvantage.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using MS Entourage on my iBook 700 for over two years with no
> problem; however, a couple of days ago, Entourage began to crash whenever it
> tries to retrieve mail from Allvantage. It does *not* crash when receiving
> mail from my other POP account (Comcast.net), and it does appear to be able
> to send mail through Allvantage and Comcast without any problem (...as
> evidenced by this message)!

When Entourage acts up, you can often fix the problem by rebuilding the
Entourage database.

Close all Office X programs, open Entourage with the option key held down,
try Typical rebuild first, then the more advanced one if it doesn¹t work.

One of these two options has always worked for me in the past. Though of
course my problem was with Entourage, while yours may be something else.

Brian