[iBook] Entourage crashing

david davidwb at spymac.com
Thu Jul 7 11:14:16 PDT 2005

On Jul 7, 2005, at 1:15 PM, Stan Marks wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using MS Entourage on my iBook 700 for over two years
> with no
> problem; however, a couple of days ago, Entourage began to crash
> whenever it
> tries to retrieve mail from Allvantage. It does *not* crash when
> receiving
> mail from my other POP account (Comcast.net), and it does appear to
> be able
> to send mail through Allvantage and Comcast without any problem (...as
> evidenced by this message)!

The fact that Entourage only crashes with the one account suggests
the problem is not database corruption. I've had this happen with two
different accounts. One account was on a server that was under a DOS
attack and was very slow to respond and Entourage was unable to
gracefully disengage. The second account was on a server that sent an
error message that Entourage didn't recognize. As you experienced, I
could get email from these two servers with other programs. In the
one case once the DOS was over my problems ended. In the other I
contacted the server's administrator and the issue was resolved.

david

Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then
if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a
little fun.  ~ Groucho Marx

david
davidwb at spymac.com