[iBook] G4 logic board???

Marcus O'Neill moneill at jjtekmail.com
Fri Jul 22 10:47:57 PDT 2005

On 22 Jul 2005, at 18:37, Samantha Cornell wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced logic board problems with the G4s?  I
> had hoped that they were confined to the G3s (we have two G4s in
> our house, and she has one too...so this could be a nightmare for us).

I've had my G4 iBook  for a couple of months now and have experienced
no problems. Did your machine come with the Apple Hardware Test CD?
It's on the disk labelled "IBook g4 Additional Software & Hardware
Test". If you start your iBook with this CD and follow the onscreen
instructions  the program will perform a logic board test, together
with other components such as RAM and video. I'm not sure how
extensive these tests are, though – probably not as comprehensive as
TechTool pro and similar third party software. However, it should
uncover any major problems.

Marcus