[iBook] iBook cleaning - "Simple Green" is safe.

Samantha Cornell samantha at netresults.biz
Fri Jul 22 18:42:51 PDT 2005

Just an FYI - I recently had a scare with my G4 iBook.  After returning
from vacation, I removed it from it's case to find that the lining of
the case had stained to iBook case.

The manufacturers of the case are looking into it, it seems that the
plastic of the G4 iBooks is more absorbent than that of the G3s. Given
that, I imagine that it is possible for someone else to have a similar
problem.

A trip to the Apple Store revealed that it is entirely safe to use the
cleaner "Simple Green" in it's concentrated form.  It did leave the
iBook a tiny bit sticky though, so I cleaned off the residue with
iKlean.   I did,m of course, make sure not to get any on the screen, I
don't know that it would be as harmless there.