[iBook] what are known problems with iceBooks?

Kurt Cypher kurt at cyphernet.homedns.org
Wed Mar 2 20:18:05 PST 2005

On Mar 2, 2005, at 5:18 PM, Brian Olesky wrote:

> On 3/2/05 4:12 PM, "Ron Reames" <rreames at cableone.net> wrote:
>
>> Trust me, you don't want one. They're nothing but trouble.
>> After fixing my for the third time- complete logic board- Apple
>> finally gave
>> me a brand new G4 iBook.
>
> Uh...that may be a little strong. There are a lot of people out here
> (like
> me) who've bought G3 iBooks, and never had a lick of trouble. I bought
> a 600
> just under 3 years ago, used it as my exclusive computer for 6 to 8
> hours a
> day, and never had a single thing go bad. I just retired it for a new
> PowerBook because I needed the extra screen space and horsepower, but
> my
> wife still happily uses the iBook, and I'd have to say that of all the
> Macs
> I've had since the mid-80's, that iBook's been one of the best.
>
> Brian

My slightly-over-3-years-old 600MHz iBook is going strong.  The only
major problem I've had with it is the poorly-designed strain relief in
the original power adapter, which was replaced under AppleCare without
any trouble, the replacement's strain relief having a better design.

The only problem at the moment is battery life, which is still enough
for most of my needs, but is noticeably less than when it was brand
new.

Kurt