[iBook] what are known problems with iceBooks?

David Harris dmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 3 04:04:31 PST 2005

On Mar 2, 2005, at 4:40 PM, alienbill wrote:

> I've been searching the auctions for an iBook in the 600-900mhz range
> and
> ran into some things that cause me to have second thoughts. I saw a
> passing
> reference that some or all models were recalled by Apple because of
> some
> problem with the motherboard? A second reference mentions a known
> problem
> wherein the video cable is cut by the lid hinge?
>
> Can anyone offer further information on these and any other known
> problems
> for those iceBooks? Are they specific to a certain model or year?
>
> Thanks for any info.
>
> bill

As with all lists, there can be good news and bad news.  My performance
with my 12" 700Mhz G3 iBook has been great.  The 12" 900Mhz G3 iBook
also has been admirable.

There are active recall notices on the logic board but it is best to
check the Apple website as the recall is prefaced by a model/serial
number, I don't remember which.

To those who have struggled with their G3 iBooks, I feel really bad.  I
wait for the day it will happen to me.  But I really feel that Apple
should draw a line and guarantee that the customer/purchaser be given a
replacement in a more timely fashion.  It would show that, at the very
least, they value their customer base.  Sorry if this got a bit off
topic.

Dave, A. K. A., the Dude