[iBook] wireless mouse waking up iBook from sleep

Luypaert, Johan (Johan) jluypaert at lucent.com
Thu Mar 10 01:06:29 PST 2005

Hi All,

I started using a microsoft wireless optical mouse with my iBook. But it seems that from time to time the iBook is waking up from sleep since I connected the mouse. And in fact when I just move the mouse the iBook wakes up from sleep, which is good. (usb devices can wake up the iBook.) The problem is that sometimes the iBook wakes from sleep while I'm not moving the mouse. So I guess the mouse is sending a signal to the base station which is waking up the iBook. Does anybody have a solution for this? For the moment I'm removing one battery every time I used the mouse ...

Any ideas? (Or do you recommend a three button bluetooth mouse?)

Thanks in advance,

Johan.