[iBook] Screen problem

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Fri Mar 18 07:16:39 PST 2005

On Mar 18, 2005, at 8:37 AM, allan morrison wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My g3 ibook's screen goes dark then light when I move the screen,
> doesn't do it all the time.

Sounds like backlight problems. It could be the backlight itself
(expensive!) or the cable (relatively inexpensive). Hope it's the
cable.

I was in hopes that my 700MHz G3 12" had logic board problems (and
could get fixed free!) when it started doing something similar. Alas, a
call to Apple indicated that it was likely to be the backlight. It only
did it a couple of time and hasn't been a problem for awhile (knock on
wood), so I'm not going to have it fixed until it doesn't shine at all.

charles pearce (charlesp at ksu.edu)