[iBook] What do I need to connect iBook to 23" monitor?

Linda van Thiel lvt at mac.com
Fri May 20 07:45:37 PDT 2005

> Perhaps consider buying an imac instead.. or a different LCD screen
> (i.e. non-Apple - *ducks* ;-) that supports VGA - these are
> becoming scarce now. If you do this, make sure it supports DVI as
> well, so that when you eventually upgrade, you can still use it.

I just got a <gasp> Dell monitor for my souped up g4.  It is the
Ultrasharp 20.1" 2005FPW Widescreen.  Within the last month Dell has
offered several specials - the latest being $397.  It uses the same
lcd panel as Apple's cinema display.  Although the CD is more
glamorous to look at, I like the flexibility in adjusting this one.
It goes up-down, back-forth, side-to-side and with the proper video
card it is supposed to do portrait.  I can't test this because I am
still running with the oem video card that came with my digital audio
g4.  It connects both svga and dvi and has four aux powered usb 2
ports - 2 on the bottom edge (hard to get at) and 2 off to the right
side.  It is spiffy looking at the monitor with my 1 gig Shuffle
sticking off of it!

As a sacrifice to the Apple gods I did cover the Dell crooked E logo
at the bottom center with black electrical tape!

Linda
SE Michigan