[iBook] <OT> CompUSA

Michelle happydog at ccp.com
Mon May 23 19:59:31 PDT 2005

Hi there,

>This weekend, my husband and I decided to take the plunge and
>purchase 2 iBook G4s.  Because our local Apple Store is not due to
>open until the fall, we went to CompUSA.

I just got my iBook G4 two weeks ago tomorrow - and I LOVE IT... I
shopped around online but wound up buying mine live and in-person
from an Apple Store in Kansas City (on the Plaza, FWIW) - even though
it was a 75 mile drive to get there.

I have NEVER had a "good" shopping experience at CompUSA, and the
only reason I ever did go there (especially since they are 90 miles
away!) was as a last resort... to get laser toner or something not
found in our "small town" area, but that I was so desperate for that
I could not wait for a catalog co. to ship it here.... I always felt
that the CompUSA salespeople were just as you described - ignorant of
all things Mac/Apple - and seemed to care LESS about the products -
and were hard to get to help me, in general.  I avoid the store like
the plague! :-/

Especially since you were dropping a "load" of money (in my opinion,
having just bought ONE iBook... you spent a LOAD!) - it is even all
the more annoying that you were treated shabbily.

Other than that, how do you like the iBooks?  And a quick unrelated
note, probably a stupid question - but what does the "i" in all of
this stand for? Ever since the iMac came out, I never knew what the
heck it was short for... I've usually had Power Macs, etc. and not an
"i" product.

Take care,
Michelle & Herd