[iBook] video out from iBook

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Tue May 24 22:54:47 PDT 2005

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Eric Richardson wrote:

> >On Sun, 22 May 2005, Mark Bennett wrote:
> >
> >>  Hi
> >>
> >>  I bought a used composite/S-video adapter for the ibook and have yet to
> >>  figure out how to use it.
> >>
> >>  I can't seem to find it in monitor set up.
> >>
> >>  Are they country specific too? Maybe I purchased a NTSC one and I
> >>  needed a PAL vers?
>

> what does one of these cables look like?
>
> And my Apple white mini-RCA like video out cable seems to have
> stopped working, can't see the video for anything. Any ideas what it
> might be that I am doing wrong? Are these cables likely to die?

It looks very similar to the VGA adaptor that came with the iBook, but
instead of a VGA connector on the end, it has composite video and
S-video connections.

Are they likely to die? I don't know. Mine has't in 2 years, but it has
mostly stayed connected to my TV dring that time, so it hasn't seen much
rough handling.

Allan