[iBook] Why????

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 22 21:10:30 PST 2005

On 11/22/05 5:43 PM, "Pat" <patdart at cox.net> wrote:

> That did it!  I had tried earlier, but apparently didn't hold it long
> enough...this time I held it until the forced change choices came up.
> Now, to figure out why...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pat
> On Nov 22, 2005, at 7:14 PM, Joel Esler wrote:
>
>> Did you try killing it?  Force Quit?
>>
>> Hold down Option -> Open Apple -> Esc
>>
>> The Force Quit menu should come up, kill Powerpoint.
>>
>> If that doesn't work, i have another solution

I wouldn't waste too much time figuring out the why. It's a computer. It
just does stuff sometimes, and if you find the fix, take care of it and move
on.  It's been my experience that occasionally some program will just freeze
or otherwise go haywire, and if you force quit it and then open it again a
minute or so later, life goes on. Maybe it's a Microsoft issue, since I've
had that problem most often with Entourage. By the way, I'm curious why you
got so many answers regarding FireFox when your question revolved around
PowerPoint. They have absolutely nothing in common that I'm aware of. I
guess that's just how these lists work. It's sort of like the story that
starts at one end of the bar, and by the time it gets to the other end, it's
barely recognizable.

Brian