[iBook] burning dvd's with iBook

Pamela Sorooshian pamsoroosh at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 28 17:28:27 PST 2005

Anybody using an iOmega Super DVD external burner with their ibook?
(I have a 1.33 GHz G4/using OS  10.4.3.)

What I want to do is put the iMovies I make out of still photographs,
onto DVDs to be shown at family gatherings and to give to other
people to watch at home on their own tv's.

I can make the movies - but I'm not sure what to do from there. There
are reports on the internet that iDVD WILL, in fact, burn to an
external drive (even though it says it won't) - but that requires
downloading something - so I tried to do that, but haven't had success.

Others say to use Roxio's Toast? If I got that - would it be
straightforward for me to do what I want to do?

The DVD burner came with software - Charismac's Discribe 5 - I'm
finding it bewildering.

-pam