[iBook] Performance improvement with 7200rpm hard drive

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Fri Aug 11 10:34:53 PDT 2006

I have the same model (14")  also 4200 RPM drive, that is why I
suggested the RAM upgrade.

Mine is very snappy super fast on app launches and start up.

Have you tried any of the cleanup utilities - applejack, Onyx,
Panther or Tiger cache cleaner.

That may help.

I do regular maintenance on mine and it very close to the same speeds
as the power book 1.5 I use at home.

Brian

iBook G4 1.33 GHz 1.25 GB RAM