[iBook] Installed security update now iBook will not boot

Mary H. maryh at brucetelecom.com
Sat Aug 12 15:05:56 PDT 2006

At 2:05 PM -0700 8/12/06, Robert Crawford wrote:

>Out of curiosity, I tried starting from 10.1, this uses a different set of
>disks. I got the same message. "There were errors installing the software,
>please try installing again."

Hmm, so it appears that it is not the install discs that are
defective. (Very unlikely that both sets are defective.) So, problem
is something else.

It would help to know at exactly what stage of the install you are
getting the error message.

>I am starting to think that my HDD has died, I go not like just throwing
>parts at a problem. Does this sound like it may be the problem?

Could be that it is a hardware problem with the drive, but we have
not yet ruled out all the possible software issues.