[iBook] Wireless printing

Peter Nevett nevett at tequis.com.mx
Thu Aug 24 18:08:42 PDT 2006

Things are getting much more complicated now!
While trying to get the iBook G3 to print wirelessly I seem to have
messed up its whole wireless configuration. The result is that I now
cannot access anything wirelessly.
The Airport program shows a strong signal but I cannot access any URLs
nor my emails. If I connect via an ethernet cable to the router and
switch the TCP/IP control panel to ethernet, it works fine.
More puzzling are the configuration settings I get on TCP/IP if I use
the DHCP configuration - they do not match anything I see on my iBook
G4 (which is still working perfectly), even the IP address of the
router is different.
I have tried to set TCP/IP configuration manually, with no success,
neither does the Airport Assistant work, it tells me to check the
TCP/IP control panel, the router and client must be on the same TCP/IP
subnet.

Help!

Pete