[iBook] Wireless printing

Russ Gorman rusty57 at mac.com
Thu Aug 24 20:43:28 PDT 2006

Sounds like there may be than one network within reach of your
computer.  If your wireless node is still setup to the factory
defaults, and your neighbor's is as well, then it's easy for them to
have the same name, say "Linksys"  and be on the same channel and not
have security enabled so jumping from one to another is likely. I can
see about eleven different networks from my house- Two are called
linksys and 6 of them are all on the same frequency. 4 have no
security enabled.
Not that I was looking or anything...

If there aren't any other networks around you may just need to
restart your modem and then your wireless router to hand out new
addresses.