[iBook] iTunes

John McClernan jmcclernan2 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 24 13:54:17 PST 2006

On Jan 19, 2006, at 5:46 PM, Joe Ringer wrote:
I recently digitized a bunch of my lp's using my iBook and an iMic.
After ripping an lp I cleaned the sound up a bit then sliced the big
aiff into individual tracks. I named each track using the songs name
but used underscore instead of spaces and left out puncuaction marks.
Then in iTunes I created a play list and dragged the songs into the
empty window. Now I have a bunch of play list with song titles but
all other fields are empty. Now my question, is there a way of
filling in the other info, artist, album name ... other then entering
it in by hand?
Apologies if this is inappropriate for this list, do you know of a
better place to ask?

Thanks,
Joe

____________
Joe,
Select All of the song titles in the playlist window, then choose Get
Info from the File menu (or apple key + i on your keyboard) and a
window will open up with data fields that will apply to the entire
playlist, and yes, it gets copied into the Library, not just the
playlist.

You can apply the same technique to a CD that you place in your
computer, when the tunes come up as Track 01, Track 02, etc. Just
click once on the CD name in the Source column in iTunes and choose
Get Info or Select All of the song names and choose Get Info. You can
batch change all the common data, but the song titles you'll have to
enter yourself, if the CDDB doesn't provide.
Cheers,