[iBook] Two Questions....

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Sun Jul 9 20:59:35 PDT 2006

Hi Pat,

1. Ibooks are known for excellent wireless reception. I don't think you can
compare the 'number of bars' between Mac and Windows, and make a conclusion
about which one is getting better reception. If you *really* care, then try
downloading a large file (say 100mb) and see which one does it faster. (Of
course, download one from your local network, so that the network is the
limiting speed factor! ;-) (personally, I'd be betting on the iBook)

2. You're usually safe if you go with a brand-name. But then, you're usually
safe if you don't! ;-) Most of the price difference is just for the brand-name,
I reckon. *Best* quality is to get the cds pressed, but there's usually a
minimum of 500 copies, and you'd want to own the copyright!

HTH,
-Gus