[iBook] After the drive is in.

Mark Kippert maclists at kippert.com
Mon Mar 6 03:55:44 PST 2006

vwmai on 3/5/06 2:06 PM wrote:

> As is turns out it's a G3/900. I couldn't be
> more happy especially since the battery is at almost 4 hours.
>
> Migrating the info from my G4 did not go as well. At first I foolishly
> wasted time copying a CCC made disk image to the new drive. It was not
> bootable. The second time I tried to back up the HD in as bootable but
> it errored out at the last minute. I decided to cut my time losses and
> install a retail copy of 10.3 that I had just to get the machine going.
> After carefully reading the documentation for CCC and Superduper I
> will have another go at as soon as my power-supply arrives and I am off
> battery power.

Congrats on the 900MHz and getting the drive installed. I've suffered
similar mistakes when it comes to forgetting to connect something (like the
DC-in-board cable after replacing the logic board on a 12"
PowerBook...Ugh!).

CCC always seemed to give me trouble about half the time. It was most
successful after zeroing the drive. I was quite happy when I discovered
SuperDuper. I've yet to have a clone fail. One thing to keep in mind is that
it can take hours to clone a drive (CCC or SuperDuper) depending on how much
your copying, so you have to be patient.

-Mark