[iBook] Stuck in Darwin....

ibooklist2 at matthurst.fastmail.fm ibooklist2 at matthurst.fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 16 02:11:18 PST 2006

This is slightly embarrassing

Trying to sort out some alleged font ‘corruption’ on my iBook, I moved
my System fonts (not the User ones) from the System/Library/Fonts folder
and put them on my desktop. I know now this was an unwise thing to have
done. Anyhow, my iBook started bleating, so I rebooted, trusting in Jobs
that all would sort itself out. I know now this was an even less wise
thing to have done, as it didn’t.

I’m stuck now with an iBook that boots up fine – Apple screen, etc - as
far as finding my wifi network, then it bounces into the bash shell for
Darwin to ask me to log in.

I’ve booted up into single user mode and used the command line to move
the fonts back where they should be (stretching my command lining to the
limit), but the iBook still refuses to boot into Aqua. All my files are
there, just no GUI.

So, um, to put it in a nutshell, HELP!

Matt