[iBook] All in one printer/fax/copier for Mac?

Andy McMullin andy.mcmullin at mac.com
Thu Mar 16 22:21:45 PST 2006

We have an HP "OfficeJet g series" which works well. It is connected
to a PC on our house network and whilst all the other PCs can get to
it, I've never managed to get the Mac to do so -- I have to plug into
it properly. So I also find the HP Director a pain -- why is it not
network aware? The drivers for our house laser (also an HP) work fine
across our net.

On the plus side though: for an inkjet, the running costs are not too
bad and you can cut the costs a little more by using generic ink
cartridges -- which are available in the UK for most HP models but
not for all the other manufacturers.

Andy