[iBook] All in one printer/fax/copier for Mac?

Fred Stevens K2FRD k2frd at mac.com
Fri Mar 17 06:34:52 PST 2006

I had (still have) an HP 1300 series all-in-one printer-copier-scanner. The printer worked very well, the copier worked OK, the scanner had low resolution. The scanner went into error mode, would have to be reset frequently. Shortly thereabouts, the printer did the same. After about six months, the whole thing went into error mode and wouldn't come out of it. Part of the problem may have been I fed it through an inverter (I'm a fulltime RVer) which produced a square sine wave which, I've since found, certain peripherals don't like. I needed higher resolution anyway, so I bought a replacement scanner with higher resolution and a new printer and now carry my old Canon IC420 copy machine. I kept the 3-in-1 to play around with it some day; I'm not convinced it can't be made to work off a generator rather than the inverter.

--
73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD, VO2FS
http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/K2FRD.html