[iBook] firmware and clicking

bluekatt bluekatt at gmail.com
Tue May 9 08:24:27 PDT 2006

are  you sure the  80  gig hd is  actually compatible   with the  dual usb
ibook  ?
i  heard they only  take  60  gig   but i  could be wrong

partition the  first  8  gig  of the  hd is  rubbish that only applies  to
beige G3 desktops  tray loading imacs  and  clamshell ibooks  have that
issue
an dual usb ibook  supports  big  os X hd's

however  you need  to  format  (  something else then partition  )  the hd
for  mac os  to  see it
its most likley  in  fat   or  not formatted at  all   and  no  operating
system can  see  an unformatted  hard drive
partition the disk  to make it  see it as one whole  and then format  it
under  the os  X  installation  options

i dont think you need a firmware  update  though i am  running the same
ibook as  you  do  (  grey and  white   from  2001  500 mhz  )  and it
runs  os X  tiger

all  you need to  hopefully  do is  format  your hd
and i hope its just  that  simple
but it never is in these instances  ...ahem