[iBook] iBook with USB 1.1 and iPod problem

R Hefner rshefner_uk at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 22 11:19:29 PDT 2006

Hiya all,

I am looking at getting a new iPod shuffle or possibly
a nano, but unfortunately I found
out they only work with USB 2.0 and my iBook is a G3
with USB 1.1. Can't afford to
upgrade the Mac right now...but I have a PC with USB
2.0.  Could I use the PC to upload
mp3s for now and then still use the iPod with a Mac in
the future. In a nutshell...will
the same iPod work with a Mac and Windows or are they
two different models?

The second problem is that the Windows machine is
pretty old (I've added the USB 2 card)
and is running Windows 98 SE....can the new iPods be
made to work with this OS...Apple
site says no.

Any other ideas on how I can get a iPod working for me
 preferably with my iBook without buying a new
computer?

Cheers!