[iBook] Using Parallels?

Howard Pettigrew howard.pettigrew at xtra.co.nz
Thu Dec 20 23:49:50 PST 2007

Strange, I ran it SLLOOWWLLY on my 1.83 early series MacBook on 512,
and the Apple demo machine (black 2 GHz) I took around schools only
had 1 gig of RAM and there wasn't a PC laptop which I couldn't beat on
start up, etc - which annoyed more than one or two school Principals
with fancy PC laptops! I have 2 gig in my machine now but after a
period of time, Parallels has even slowed down on that - typical PC
behaviour. Holiday job to do a PC clean up - if only it was as simple
as on the Mac.
Sorry, can't offer any great pearls of wisdom on this one, but extra
RAM makes your MacBook sing so it is worth it on the Mac side alone!
Cheers
H in NZ