[iBook] Older Powerbook vs new Macbook

Don Distel don at distelphoto.com
Fri Dec 21 14:33:43 PST 2007

I have a 4 or 5 year old G4 Powerbook. It is a 1 GHz model with 1 GB
of Ram. My only real usage for this laptop is location photography
where I tether the camera to the laptop so my clients can see their
products on the laptop screen as opposed to looking at the back of
the camera. Everything works fine but it seems to be slow especially
since I went from a 5 megapixel camera to a 10 megapixel.  Would I
see a significant increase in speed with a new Macbook which I would
max out the ram?  I don't want to spend the extra $ on a Macbook Pro
if I don't have to. One other thing, as soon as I get back from my
location work I download the photos onto my 20inch G5 I Mac and work
on them there.

Thanks,
Don