[iBook] Up-To-Date

Rebecca Hoffman rjhoffman at runbox.com
Mon Jan 8 21:37:42 PST 2007

That sounds like it. It seems to have been a one-shot deal, though, and
long gone.

Ah well.

Rebecca

On Jan 8, 2007, at 7:46 PM, Brian Pearce wrote:

>> I heard somewhere that in the past Apple has given discounts on a new
>> OS to people who have bought a computer with the old OS after the
>> announcement of a release date for the new one.
>
> You're probably thinking of the Mac OS Up-To-Date program. Do they
> still do this?
>
> BRIAN PEARCE
> Red Jacket Press, LLC
> <http://www.redjacketpress.com>
"There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method
of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship
without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration
camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their
liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they
will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or
brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And
this seems to be the final revolution." - Aldous Huxley, Tavistock
Group, California Medical School, 1961