[iBook] external firewire CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive

Skygram skygram at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 10:01:40 PDT 2007

I didn't think that the Target Disk Mode worked on Intel MacBooks.

However I also tried it on an old iMac to my iBook and it worked great. I
needed to install Panther onto the iMac because the wireless adapter doesn't
work in Tiger and my iBook uses Tiger. Nevertheless I was able to install
Panther on the iMac without any problems using the drive from the iBook.

I Googled the problem and found the method described at Low End Mac.com
under Miscellaneous Ramblings.

Bill