[iBook] Re: what about video cable failure

Geoffrey Rosenberg qpower1 at mac.com
Sat Nov 10 06:18:53 PST 2007

on 11/9/2007 11:49 PM, ibook-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com at
ibook-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> FWIW, AppleCare will still repair everything{*} wrong on an
> 800MHz-with-32VRAM or newer G3 iBook for the $280 flat fee.
> That's the earliest iBook model which Apple will still
> repair, and that may expire next month or so.  Tell them
> about every little thing not working right, it could well
> be worth the $280.  {*:  not cracked LCD screens, which are
> presumed to be the result of user error or abuse, but LCD
> screens which fail for other reasons are included}

My daughter's G4 iBook 12" 1ghz just went off AppleCare in August and the
video cable is on the fritz now - I can use the machine fine with the video
out port. But all the LCD shows is fine vertical and horizontal lines and
colors that are movable with the cursor - the cable is the issue?

Does anyone have any luck with this issue and applecare after the end of
care? It seems to me that this is a known issue...

Any thoughts for how to proceed?

Thank you

Geoff